Monday 4 February 2013

The Work has Begun


A short distance from my home there is a bridge. It straddles the disused railway line, which leads from Bexhill to Crowhurst. Beneath the bridge lies the route of part of the new Bexhill to Hastings Link Road.
 
 

 I would like to see the railway line restored. I prefer trains to cars. But we need a new road. We definitely need a new road. The density of traffic between Bexhill and Hastings is ridiculous, and this road has been planned for over 30 years.  No one can be sure whether we need this route or this design, or if it will actually reduce the traffic along the coastal road. I am undecided.
But I am pleased that something is happening. Someone is trying to make a difference.  
 
 

The workmen have arrived. Teams of Bob the Builders with fluorescent jackets and hard hats are swooping down. The grabbers and chainsaws are in action.  It is my grandson’s favourite viewing point. Who needs Cbeebies?
 
 

I feel like a homeowner who is building an extension to my house. I have to take photos. I have to document the changes.

So here it is....my very first road building blog.  I will keep it updated. Feel free to drop in from time to time.
Claire 4th Feb 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment