Saturday 9 February 2013

Not a Pretty Sight

 Today I strolled along to the bridge to take a few more photos. It's become quite a local viewing point. Cars slow down or stop by the roadside. Dog walkers divert to look over the site. People are moaning. If I lived next to the site of the new road, I'd be moaning too. It is a horrible mess. But now the trees have gone, and the barriers are in place, hopefully we will soon have a sense of order. I still remain optimistic. 
 
To the right is a view of the old railway bridge looking North. I'm surprised it's lasted this long. The bridge will have to be widened to take two lanes of traffic. I wonder if it will be raised, or will they dig the road further down into the cutting?   It's difficult to tell from the plans. I'll have to have another look at the East Sussex site and see how my photos fit in to the scheme.

No comments:

Post a Comment